Biteback Publishing have an excellent opportunity for an organised, efficient editor to join a small, busy team publishing politics, current affairs, autobiography and memoir, history, espionage, sport and humour
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the successful candidate will be responsible for taking books through all stages of the book production process, from contract signature to delivery of print-ready files, and for ensuring all titles meet quality standards.
* Solid experience within a non-fiction publisher
* Knowledge of the book production process
* Excellent editing, proofreading and attention to detail
* Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise multiple projects
* The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Good communication skills, with experience of liaising with authors and other departments to ensure titles remain on schedule
* An interest in politics and current affairs
* Familiarity with Adobe InDesign software will be an advantage
This would be an ideal second or third job for an editor or assistant editor looking to take the next step up.
How to apply: send a CV and covering letter, including details of current salary and notice period, to Olivia Beattie at email@example.com
Closing date: 7 November