Daniela Schlingmann Literary Scouting Ltd. works with a host of outstanding international publishers from around the world to find the very best of UK fiction, non-fiction and children's books to be published in translation, and be adapted for film and TV
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and hard-working Executive Scouting Assistant to start in January 2020. The successful applicant will work closely with Daniela and be a key point of contact in the agency, as well as supporting the team of scouts.
Responsibilities include diary management, scheduling for book fairs and client visits, data entry, responding to client queries and related research, liaising with accounts, editing and proofing scouting reports, as well as managing freelancers and undertaking other assorted general administrative tasks.
The successful candidate will also work on projects with Daniela, liaise with our clients and with major international publishers, literary and film/TV agents daily and will frequently be the first point of contact at the agency.
The ideal candidate
This is an ideal role for someone who is looking to make a long-term move to a dynamic Scouting Agency that prides itself on its exceptional team spirit. Our overview of the UK and international publishing markets is unparalleled, and the work is varied and fast-paced.
• Applicants will ideally have at least one year of experience working in the publishing industry.
• Prior experience in diary management
• Be committed and able to juggle multiple tasks, with an expert eye for detail, whilst remaining calm under pressure. Crucially, they will have the highest standards and abilities in organisation and planning
• Outstanding communication excellent interpersonal skills are vital, as the role requires liaising with senior international clients daily
• Prior experience of working in foreign rights, and/or knowledge of foreign languages would be an advantage, as would be experience of writing copy
• Confident IT skills (covering all aspects of Microsoft Office, including Excel) are essential. Experience in working with Wordpress would be beneficial
• The successful candidate will enjoy working in an ambitious team and be an active participant in the continued growth of the company
Please send your CV and covering letter to Daniela@schlingmann.co.uk stating your earliest availability and that you are applying for DSLS EXECUTIVE SCOUTING ASSISTANT in your subject line, no later than 29th November 2019.
Salary on application and dependent on experience.
We reserve the right to close the recruitment process early if we have found the right candidate.